Wood Mouse Class
Teacher: Miss Lovell
Year Group: 1/2
Class Parent Rep(s):
Mrs Carter, Mrs Jarrett-Smith and Mrs Bakker
Info and Children's Work
We drew maps of London as we have been learning about about The Great Fire of London and Samuel Pepys.
How to make Paper Mache flowers
- Draw a flower to make a template.
- Cut around the flower template.
- Glue a button to the centre of the flower template.
- Thread florist wire through the centre of the button to make the flower stem.
- With a brush paste glue onto each petal of the flower template and add one strip of tissue paper at a time.
- Paste four layers of tissue paper on each petal to build up the colour.
- Mould into a flower shape.
- Leave to dry completely and to go hard.
We observed the trees, we decided which bark we would like to rub.
We planted cress seeds. Look what happened after 4 days!
Children in Red Fox class designed and planned math board games which they then played with Wood Mouse Class. There were some amazing games which supported the smaller children with their understanding of maths. A very successful activity for both classes!
We read the story of The Gingerbread Man, re-told it orally, re-wrote our favourite part, then we decorated our own gingerbread men…finally we ate them.
Red Fox and Wood Mouse are buddy classes. Both classes enjoyed spending time reading together.
Wood Mouse have been looking at the story of ‘Goldilocks.’ Mrs Bennett made us some yummy porridge.
We have been looking at vehicles and transport. We designed our own vehicles.
Here we are being scientists.
Wood Mouse Class made curry for healthy living week.
We use a 100 sqaure to work out 10 more and 10 less.
Here we are on ‘Roald Dahl Day.’
We made pretend rock.
Traction Man- We made models of our superheroes.
Talking about our superhero toys.